So far, over 9,000 Wichita Falls residents have joined the Wichita Falls Police Department on Nextdoor.com to get to know their neighbors and to take a stand against crime. Are you one of them? If not, please visit http://www.nextdoor.com and sign up. It’s free and simple. Iphone and Android apps are also available.
Here is what Nextdoor.com is all about:
Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It’s the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it’s free.
Thousands of neighborhoods nationwide are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home.
People are using Nextdoor to:
- Quickly get the word out about a break-in.
- Organize a neighborhood watch group.
- Track down a trustworthy babysitter.
- Find out who does the best paint job in town.
- Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog.
- Find a new home for an outgrown bike.
- Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name.
Nextdoor’s mission is to use the power of technology to build stronger and safer neighborhoods.
Forward to Police Feature
- Forward to Police is an excellent way to help our department continue to stay informed
- about the things that matter most to Wichita Falls neighborhoods and work more closely with our residents.
- With Forward to Police, Wichita Falls residents are able to forward their Crime & Safety posts and Urgent Alerts on Nextdoor directly to the Wichita Falls Police Department.
- It’s important to note that the Wichita Falls Police Department cannot access residents’ websites, contact information, or content, unless it is a Crime and Safety post or Urgent Alert that is forwarded to them via Forward to Police.
- The Forward to Police feature is not an emergency reporting system. Residents are encouraged to call 911 in the case of an emergency.