With Thanksgiving just a couple of days away the Wichita Falls Police Department would like to remind everyone of a few safety tips to help make this time more enjoyable.
If you are traveling:
- Please give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination.
- Do not drive tired. If you become drowsy, find a safe place to stop and take a break.
- Always, wear your safety belt.
- Be prepared to slow down. The road conditions can quickly change due to weather or traffic congestion.
If you are shopping:
- Always, be mindful of your surroundings.
- Lock your car; Take your keys; Hide your belongings.
- If you are shopping at night, try to park in well-lighted areas.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Keep a record of all your credit card numbers and contact your credit card company immediately if one is stolen.
- If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time have a neighbor collect your mail.
- Have various inside lights on multiple timers.
- Ensure that all your doors and windows are locked and secured.
- If someone knocks at your door that you do not know you Do Not have to answer it.
These are just a few simple crime prevention techniques that can help ensure that everyone has a safe and happy holiday season.