On 11-28-2014, at approximately 1730 hours, WFPD Officers were dispatched to the 500 block of Juarez in reference to gun shots. The suspect vehicle was described as a blue Dodge Ram pickup. A Patrol Sergeant arrived in the area and located the suspect vehicle traveling East on Juarez. The vehicle was stopped at Juarez and Bailey and a felony traffic stop was conducted. Once the three (3) occupants were secured, a .45 caliber handgun was located on the ground next the passenger door. Officers located .45 caliber shell casings in the roadway in the 500 blk of Juarez.
During the investigation, the right passenger, 24 year old Tehvin Deon Luckey, admitted to tossing the gun on ground. Luckey, a convicted felon, was charged with Felon in Possession of Firearm. Center passenger, 30 year old Terry Dwain Colbert, was arrested for outstanding warrants and the driver Monica Cisneros was also arrested for warrants.
No injuries were reported. The case is still under investigation.
To leave a reflection for Officer Russell C. Scott, please visit: http://www.odmp.org/officer/11965-officer-russell-c-scott
The Wichita Falls Police Department would like to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season and to remind everyone of a few safety tips to help make this time more enjoyable.
If you are traveling:
- Please give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination.
- Do not drive tired. If you become drowsy, find a safe place to stop and take a break.
- Always, wear your safety belt.
- Be prepared to slow down. The road conditions can quickly change due to weather or traffic congestion.
If you are shopping:
- Always, be mindful of your surroundings.
- Lock your car; Take your keys; Hide your belongings.
- If you are shopping at night, try to park in well-lighted areas.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Keep a record of all your credit card numbers and contact your credit card company immediately if one is stolen.
- If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time have a neighbor collect your mail.
- Have various inside lights on multiple timers.
- Ensure that all your doors and windows are locked and secured.
- If someone knocks at your door that you do not know you Do Not have to answer it.
These are just a few simple crime prevention techniques that can help ensure that everyone has a safe and happy holiday season.
On 11/11/14 at approx. 1456 hrs Animal Control and WFPD Officers responded to the 1600 block of 22nd St. for report of a deceased dog. Officers located a 3-4 month old puppy in the back yard chained, emaciated and deceased. The puppy was described as very skinny, emaciated and malnourished. Officers were unable to make contact with the resident at that time. After a thorough investigation WFPD Detectives obtained an arrest warrant for Amber Nicole Ramirez for Cruelty to Animals-Non-Livestock. Ramirez admitted to detectives that she did own the 3-4 month old puppy and that she had tied it up in the backyard. Ramirez was deceptive with detectives but it was determined that she had tied the puppy up on a chain and left it with no shelter, water or food for approximately 5 days. On 11/24/14 at approx. 2210 hrs WFPD Tactical Unit located Ramirez at her residence. She was arrested for the warrant of Cruelty to Animals-Non-Livestock with a $5,000 bond and is currently being held in the Wichita County Jail.
On 11/24/14 WFPD Detectives identified and obtained arrest warrants for the third and final suspect, Carlston Lewis Demery, in the Aggravated Robberies that occurred at several United Gas Stations on 11/14/14. Last night at approximately 2209 hrs WFPD Tactical and Gang Units located Demery in the 2200 block of Airport. He was arrested and transported to jail where he is currently being held on two Aggravated Robbery warrants with $100,000 bond on each. Great job by everyone involved in this case.
**UPDATE – This Subject has been Arrested and is in Custody**
“Fur-ever Friday” Week 11 Update – Jane Adopted! Remember Jane and Officer Sandy Lamb from Week 11. Well, Jane was finally adopted today and got her fur-ever home. Happy Life Jane!!